OSCU Scholarship Opportunity
Ocean State Credit Union is offering college-bound high school seniors the opportunity to compete for a college scholarship.
Four (4) scholarships will be awarded in the amount of $1,500 each and may be used at a two or four year accredited educational institution.
- The applicant must be a member of Ocean State Credit Union as of March 1, 2019
- Applicant must be a graduating high school senior
- Applicant must retain a minimum GPA of 3.25
- Applicant must be enrolled or accepted as a full-time student in a college/university undergraduate program
- Proof of acceptance/enrollment must be submitted with the application
- Applications must be postmarked no later than March 15, 2019. (Applications post marked or received after this date will not be considered).
*Applications will be judged against other submissions statewide. Ocean State Credit Union Employees, Board of Directors and Supervisory Committee and their family members are not eligible for the College Scholarship Program.
To qualify, applicants must submit the following:
Write a 500 word essay addressing the following: "Why should people serve their community and donate time to helping others? How do you currently incorporate community involvement into your life and how do you plan to continue these endeavors in the future?"
To apply, please submit the following:
- Completed application
- 500 word essay
- Verification of acceptance into college or university undergraduate program
- Official transcript
- Proof of Ocean State Credit Union membership
- A minimum of one letter of recommendation from a teacher, counselor, or employer
Our 2019 College Scholarships Requirements and Application are Available in PDF format
You will need Adobe's® free Acrobat Reader Software to view the file.
To download our 2019 Scholarship Application PDF file, click here