As a Member of Ocean State Credit Union, you will enjoy a variety of conveniences. Just look at the incentives that come with an Ocean State Credit Union Personal Checking Account.
Low monthly fee!* The monthly service fee may be waived by maintaining a minimum daily balance and by using your Visa® Debit Card (see details below)
- Visa® Debit Card
- Unlimited Debit Card Purchases
- Online Banking
- Bill Pay Service
- E-statements with check images
- Mobile and Text Banking
- Unlimited check writing
- Telephone Banking is our 24-hour automated service that you may call to access your accounts from any touch tone telephone
- 24-hour ATM access at thousands of surcharge-free ATM machines that are part of the NYCE®, Cirrus®, and Credit Union Connection Networks (applicable fees may apply from the owner of the ATM)
- Overdraft Options Available
* Each statement cycle that your account meets the following two conditions;
- A minimum daily balance of $1000.00 must be maintained throughout the statement cycle. and;
- A minimum of 8 Point of Sale (POS) purchases must be made using your linked Visa® Debit Card throughout the statement cycle.
The maintenance fee will be waived.
We reserve the right to change the terms of this account at any time with proper notice.
No-Nonsense Business Checking Accounts:
Flat-Fee Business Checking
- $20/month for accounts with an average daily balance less than $5,000
Free Business Checking
- For accounts with a maintained average daily balance of $5,000 or more per statement cycle
Business Checking Account Features:
- Unlimited Check Writing
- Incoming Wire Service Available
- Business VISA® Debit Card
- FREE ATM Transactions*
- Direct Deposit
- Online Banking and Bill Pay
- Overdraft Protection Available
- Check Imaging Available
Learn more about Overdraft Privilege and what it means for you!
Overdraft Privilege Service - You Must Opt In for this Service.
- $500.00 that Ocean State Credit Union may cover in the event of an overdraft
- Returned Checks and Automatic Withdrawals (ACH) will be honored up to that amount.
- Fee is $30.00 per transaction
You MUST OPT-IN for Ocean State Credit Union to authorize and pay overdrafts for ATM Transactions and OSCU Visa® Debit Check Card transactions. If you do NOT OPT-IN for this service, your ATM Transaction or OSCU Visa® Debit Card transaction will be declined (review the details of "OPT IN / OPT OUT for Overdraft Services" via the Opt-In link).
Overdraft Protection Linked to Statement Savings Account
- Draws from your own Statement Savings Account in the event of an overdraft.
- Fee is $5.00 per transaction
- Returned Checks and OSCU Visa® Debit Card transactions will be honored up to the amount that is available in your Statement Savings Account.
Overdraft Line of Credit
- A convenient way to avoid checking overdrafts.
- Overdraft Line of Credit is available up to the amount of $1,000.00.
- Payments are 5% of the outstanding balance, but never less than $25.00 per month.
- Advances are granted in increments of $50.00.
- Overdraft Line is determined upon credit pre-qualfication through Consumer Loan application.
- A 15.00% APR interest rate is applicable while Line of Credit is in use.
- APR = Annual Percentage Rate. All rates are subject to credit approval and may change at any time.
Overdraft Protection Rate
|Term||Rates(as low as)|
|Open||15.00% APR - $1,000.00 Maximum Advance in $50.00 Increments|
An Ocean State Credit Union Visa® Debit Card that works like a check, only better! When making purchases, the amount purchased is deducted directly from your Ocean State Credit Union Checking Account. The OSCU Visa® Debit Card is valid anywhere that Visa® is accepted.
How Does it Work?
Debit Card transactions are automatically deducted from your OSCU Checking Account and typically posted within 24 hours of your purchase. So you may check your updated balance and transaction record via your Online Banking services at OceanStateCU.org or dial into the Telephone Banking system at (800) 822-8077.
Security and Account Tracking
When you sign for your purchases, the money comes directly from your OSCU Checking Account, but you also have the added benefit of security features to help prevent, detect and resolve fraud. You will be able to track your transactions each month when you receive your Checking Account Statement with the details of each purchase including merchant name, location, date and amount.
The OSCU Visa® Debit Card also offers convenient, 24-hour access to your Ocean State Credit Union accounts at thousands of ATMs that are part of the NYCE®, Cirrus® and Credit Union Connection networks (applicable fees may apply).
TO REPORT A LOST OR STOLEN DEBIT CARD, PLEASE CALL 1-877-397-1900
*Other fees may apply for ATM withdrawals or balance inquiries.